- HARI's 2nd annual Hyundai Media Noche Choral Festival was held at the A. Venue Hall, Makati City last December 7. The choral group from the Philippine Daily Inquirer, aptly named the "Philippine Daily Inchoirer", was hailed champion, while the choral groups from GMA Network, Inc. and "Speed" Magazine won the first runner-up and second runner-up honors, respectively.
- HARI launched the all-new Tucson, which served as the highlight of the Hyundai Media Noche Choral Festival. The event was capped with a glittering show of pure energy highlighted by a performance from Gary Valenciano.
- Hyundai Motor Company announced the winner of its first-ever Hyundai Marketing Excellence competition, and triumphantly, HARI bested 200 distributors from over 98 countries and was acclaimed for Marketing Excellence.
- The Hyundai Genesis Coupe is named the 2009 Sports Sedan/Sports Car 2WD of the Year and also bagged a special award as the DMF Drift Best Handling Car at the 6th Annual Car of the Year - Philippines Awards.
- Hyundai sponsored a Meet and Greet ceremony to present the first batch of recipients of its scholarship grants from the Polytechnic University of the Philippines, Collage of Engineering.
- The Hyundai Grand Starex was named the "Automobile of the Year" in the 2009 Autofocus People's Choice Awards, an award-giving body that determines the Philippines' most popular brands and models through a nationwide public poll. In the same awards night, the Hyundai Grand Starex was again distinguished as the "Full Size Van of the Year", a distinction it has won for four years in a row. The Genesis Coupe won the people's favor as the "Sports Car of the Year" as the Tucson was recognized as the "Compact SUV of the Year". Also from the popular poll, first runner-up honors were given to the Hyundai i10 in the Compact Sedan category and the Santa Fe in the Mid-size SUV category.
- HARI spearheaded its 4th National Sales Conference at the Island Cove Hotel and Leisure Park in Cavite.
- HARI launched the Hyundai Sagip Center a special car repair assistance and restoration program for customers whose Hyundai vehicles were damaged by the floods caused by Typhoon Ondoy. Free towing services as well as discounts on parts and labor for flood-affected Hyundai cars were made available from a selection of Sagip Packages to get vehicles roadworthy again. Hyundai Sagip hotlines were likewise created to provide customer assistance and manage schedules of service appointments within the dealer network.
- HARI conducted the 3rd Parts Management and Skills Development Training Course, which focused on key aspects of managing parts departments, including inventory, marketing, customer service, strategic management, and strategic planning tools.
- Hyundai celebrated the eighth anniversary of its inception with a Build Activity at the Gawad Kalinga site of Taguig City and a donation of a Hyundai Porter to the Gawad Kalinga, the 3rd unit since 2008, in fulfillment of its commitment to assist the GK in its operations.
- The Hyundai Car Wellness campaign is again conducted at selected Hyundai dealerships. At present, this campaign has already been adopted by most Hyundai dealerships and is now part of their respective after-sales efforts.
- Hyundai i10 1.1 GLS A/T, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, and the Hyundai Grand Starex VGT, received three major distinctions in the fifth Annual C! Magazine Awards, emerging as the Editor's Pick in the Mini Compact category, Sport Sedan/Coupe category and Full Size People Carrier category, respectively.
- HARI launched the all-new H-100 via a nationwide mall display, which ran from July to August 2009. An all-new upgrade from the previous Porter all-purpose multi-cab model, the H-100 is the new face of mobility for today's dynamic business landscape. It has bold styling and solid quality built in to motivate the Filipino businessman 100% in driving his entrepreneurial ambitions to greater heights.
- HARI was awarded as one of Makati's Ten Outstanding Corporate Citizens for 2009 during the 339th Araw ng Makati Vin de Honor Reception.
- HARI received double distinctions as Asia-Pacific Distributor of the Year and 2008 Best DEP Awardee during the Hyundai Motor Global Distributor Conference Awarding Ceremonies in South Korea. The Award of Excellence marks the third time that HARI receives regional recognition in a span of only four years.
- HARI inked Memorandum of Agreement with the Polytechnic University of the Philippines for 20 scholarship grants to provide educational opportunities and enriching learning experiences to academic achievers who are financially challenged.
- In response to Hyundai's global advocacy for road safety and responsible motoring, HARI launched the Hyundai Car Wellness campaign. A nationwide after-sales support for motorists, which ran from May to June 2009, this campaign helped enlighten motorists on the benefits of proper car maintenance so they can get the most out of their car's performance. With its signature Best C.A.R.E., or Cordial, Accurate, Reliable, and Efficient and speedy service and Genuine Hyundai parts, and utilizing Shell's quality motor oil products, HARI afforded customers and motorists five Best Care packages to keep their cars fully prepped for the journey ahead. The Best Care packages offered exclusive discounts on labor and selected Genuine Hyundai parts.
- HARI received 2008 Recognition for Outstanding Performance in all areas of Distributor Operations at Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, besting 11 other distributorships in the Asia Pacific region. The award was bestowed by HMC's Overseas Service Group in recognition of HARI's excellent performance in the most crucial areas of distributorship, which include organization, customer satisfaction, training, DEP evaluation and warranty.
- HARI concluded the Philippine leg of the Hyundai World Golf Championship with the selection of the three-man team of Mr. Rodel Mangulabnan from North Luzon, Mr. Bernard Paquin and Mr. Dante Torres, both from Mindanao, the best-non-professional golfers to represent the Philippines in the World Finals of Hyundai's first ever World Golf Championship.
- Mr. Rodel Mangulabnan finished fifth in the international finals of the Hyundai World Golf Championship at the Haevichi Resort, Jeju Island, Korea.
- The Genesis Coupe, Hyundai's hottest and newest addition to its family of automobiles was formally introduced to the media and the motoring public.
- HARI moved its national headquarters to the KPMG Center along Ayala Avenue, Makati City.
- In celebration of HARI's big move to Ayala Avenue, Makati City, HARI's Invasion mall-wide campaign is refreshed as Invasion 2.1. A campaign directed at giving customers and motorists alike, the delight and prestige of owning a Hyundai and being privileged to HARI's signature Best C.A.R.E., or Cordial, Accurate, Reliable, and Efficient and speedy service, the Invasion 2.1 served as HARI's first big event for 2009 that offered big savings, discounts, service packages, prizes, and other surprises to the motoring public. The event presented an ensemble of the best Hyundai cars and exclusive privileges for motorists and Hyundai car buyers. The campaign ran from February to March 2009.