close gnb layer
• All-new Elantra and All-new Tucson receive ‘iF Design Award 2016’ in product design category
• Hyundai Motor models win iF Design Award for 3 consecutive years
• Hyundai Motor’s evolving design philosophy is realized in refined style elements in All-new Elantra
• Bold and athletic design creates unique SUV appearance for All-new Tucson
Hyundai Motor received international recognition for its vehicle design …
Sept 25, 2015, Arlington, Virginia - In one of the industry’s most rigorous tests of vehicle safety, the 2016 Hyundai Tucson and 2016 Sonata earned the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety’s (IIHS) 2015 TOP SAFETY PICK+ award. This is the first time Tucson, which received a significant redesign for the 2016 model year, has received the highest honor from IIHS.
IIHS rates vehicles for occupant protection based on performance in five tests: moderate overlap front, …
• Hyundai Motor’s best-selling model evolves with innovative design
• Award-winning compact sedan inspires driver confidence with enhanced performance and stable handling
• Class-leading convenience and safety features are tailored to customer needs
September 9, 2015 – Hyundai Motor Company, South Korea’s largest automaker, today unveiled the ‘All-new Elantra (named Avante in Korea)’, a sophisticated evolution …
- Five-year deal secures supply to Hyundai dealerships worldwide - Technical collaboration will lead to new powertrain and lubricant developments (From left to right) Mr. Roger Moulding, Vice President of Shell Global Marketing and Global Key Accounts, and Mr. Tak Uk Im, Executive Vice President and COO of Hyundai Motor, Wednesday signed a global business cooperation agreement at Hyundai Motor's headquarters in Seoul, Korea January 30, 2015 - Hyundai Motor Co., South Korea’s …
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif. – The all-new Hyundai Sonata won the 2015 BEST Economic Performance award from the Automotive Science Group (ASG). The award recognizes the model that holds the lowest cost of ownership in its class. In addition, the Sonata and Santa Fe Sport were honored as BEST 5 All-Around Performance models for achieving the highest combined social, environmental and economic performance scores. “The Automotive Science Group recognizes Hyundai’s continued commitment to …
Offenbach, 9 August 2012
· German Design Council awards Hyundai with three separate accolades
· New Generation i30 and i-oniq concept car both triumph
· Further validation of Hyundai’s Europe-focused product strategy
Hyundai has received three awards at the second edition of the Automotive Brand Contest, organisedby the German Design Council. The New Generation i30 won ‘Best Interior’ and ‘Best Exterior’, while the ‘Best Concept’ title was awarded to the i-oniq show car.
Both models were designed in Rüsselsheim, Germany, by the European team based at the Hyundai Motor Europe Technical Centre.
The two victories for New Generation i30 demonstrate Hyundai’s commitment to designing products that appeal to European consumers. The car’s exterior styling advances the brand’s fluidic sculpture philosophy, creating a sense of constant motion, even when stationary, and conveying a confident attitude through dynamic proportions. The interior represents a significant step forward from the original i30, closely matching the exterior for visual impact and introducing higher quality materials to the cabin.
The Hyundai i-oniq made its debut at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show, showcasing new technology and design which present an impression of the company’s future thinking. Also known by its codename, HED-8, the i-oniq is characterised by gentle feature lines and muscular surface treatment, conveying premium qualities evident in both the exterior and interior of the car, and a futuristic interior design which combines a driver-orientated cabin layout and high levels of passenger comfort.
Senior Vice President and COO of Hyundai Motor Europe, Allan Rushforth, commented, “Recognition from the German Design Council is further evidence of the transformation in Hyundai design in recent years. Styling influenced by fluidic sculpture has added emotional appeal to our products that still retain the rational characteristics that have long underpinned our brand’s success. New Generation i30 is the best example yet of our focus on conceiving vehicles that match the aspirations of European consumers, as part of our product localisation strategy.”
In the 2011 contest, Hyundai was awarded ‘Best Exterior’ for the i40 wagon – another model designed in Europe and aimed squarely at European buyers.
The winners of the Automotive Brand Contest are selected by an independent panel of experts. The jury consists of automotive designers, journalists, academics and CEOs.