close gnb layer
• All-new Elantra and All-new Tucson receive ‘iF Design Award 2016’ in product design category
• Hyundai Motor models win iF Design Award for 3 consecutive years
• Hyundai Motor’s evolving design philosophy is realized in refined style elements in All-new Elantra
• Bold and athletic design creates unique SUV appearance for All-new Tucson
Hyundai Motor received international recognition for its vehicle design …
Sept 25, 2015, Arlington, Virginia - In one of the industry’s most rigorous tests of vehicle safety, the 2016 Hyundai Tucson and 2016 Sonata earned the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety’s (IIHS) 2015 TOP SAFETY PICK+ award. This is the first time Tucson, which received a significant redesign for the 2016 model year, has received the highest honor from IIHS.
IIHS rates vehicles for occupant protection based on performance in five tests: moderate overlap front, …
• Hyundai Motor’s best-selling model evolves with innovative design
• Award-winning compact sedan inspires driver confidence with enhanced performance and stable handling
• Class-leading convenience and safety features are tailored to customer needs
September 9, 2015 – Hyundai Motor Company, South Korea’s largest automaker, today unveiled the ‘All-new Elantra (named Avante in Korea)’, a sophisticated evolution …
- Five-year deal secures supply to Hyundai dealerships worldwide - Technical collaboration will lead to new powertrain and lubricant developments (From left to right) Mr. Roger Moulding, Vice President of Shell Global Marketing and Global Key Accounts, and Mr. Tak Uk Im, Executive Vice President and COO of Hyundai Motor, Wednesday signed a global business cooperation agreement at Hyundai Motor's headquarters in Seoul, Korea January 30, 2015 - Hyundai Motor Co., South Korea’s …
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif. – The all-new Hyundai Sonata won the 2015 BEST Economic Performance award from the Automotive Science Group (ASG). The award recognizes the model that holds the lowest cost of ownership in its class. In addition, the Sonata and Santa Fe Sport were honored as BEST 5 All-Around Performance models for achieving the highest combined social, environmental and economic performance scores. “The Automotive Science Group recognizes Hyundai’s continued commitment to …
- Automotive experts from nine Middle East countries select Sonata as the Best Mid-size Car of the Year
- Sonata’s sales registered a phenomenal 103 percent year-on-year increase in the Middle East since the beginning of the year
Mr. B.T. Shin, head of Hyundai Motor Company’s Middle East Regional Headquarters, with the ‘Middle East Motor Awards 2010’ trophy.
(Seoul, Korea) Hyundai Motor Company’s mid-size sedan, all-new Sonata, has won the first Middle East Motor Awards 2010 (MEMA) for best car-in-class. The award was presented on October 14th during the opening ceremony of the 10th International Motor Show Sharjah in UAE. The MEMA is administered by twelve automotive experts from nine Middle Eastern countries that together represent the Middle East automobile industry.
The judges evaluated models - launched at least in five Middle Eastern nations within the 12 month period - on ten criteria including superior performance, technology, practicality and value. In particular, the jury focused on whether the car satisfies regional customer requirements.
Each vehicle underwent thorough road and track tests, as well as comprehensive competitor comparisons. Sonata bested other cars in its segment such as Honda Accord, Nissan Altima, and Ford Taurus, thanks to its superior performance, safety and comfort.
This marks the first car of the year awards given out by the Middle Eastern auto industry.
Sonata has been earning steady recognition in the Middle East since the beginning of this year. Sonata won the Car of the Year title from Sports Auto and Gulf Auto based in Saudi Arabia in May and June respectively. In July, Sonata and Tucson received the
Car of the Year award from Syria–based publication Auto Sports.
Sonata sales from Jan to Sept 2010 in seventeen Middle Eastern countries are up 103 percent compared to the same period in 2009. Hyundai Motor will maintain the sales momentum by continuing to listen to customers and swiftly dispatching quality experts to the region.
Established in 1967, Hyundai Motor Co. has grown into the Hyundai Motor Group which was ranked as the world’s fifth-largest automaker since 2007 and includes over two dozen auto-related subsidiaries and affiliates. Employing over 75,000 people worldwide, Hyundai Motor sold approximately 3.1 million vehicles globally in 2009, posting sales of US$41.8 billion (including overseas plants, using the average currency exchange rate of 1,276 won per US dollar). Hyundai vehicles are sold in 193 countries through some 6,000 dealerships and showrooms. Further information about Hyundai Motor and its products are available at www.hyundai.com.