close gnb layer
• All-new Elantra and All-new Tucson receive ‘iF Design Award 2016’ in product design category
• Hyundai Motor models win iF Design Award for 3 consecutive years
• Hyundai Motor’s evolving design philosophy is realized in refined style elements in All-new Elantra
• Bold and athletic design creates unique SUV appearance for All-new Tucson
Hyundai Motor received international recognition for its vehicle design …
Sept 25, 2015, Arlington, Virginia - In one of the industry’s most rigorous tests of vehicle safety, the 2016 Hyundai Tucson and 2016 Sonata earned the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety’s (IIHS) 2015 TOP SAFETY PICK+ award. This is the first time Tucson, which received a significant redesign for the 2016 model year, has received the highest honor from IIHS.
IIHS rates vehicles for occupant protection based on performance in five tests: moderate overlap front, …
• Hyundai Motor’s best-selling model evolves with innovative design
• Award-winning compact sedan inspires driver confidence with enhanced performance and stable handling
• Class-leading convenience and safety features are tailored to customer needs
September 9, 2015 – Hyundai Motor Company, South Korea’s largest automaker, today unveiled the ‘All-new Elantra (named Avante in Korea)’, a sophisticated evolution …
- Five-year deal secures supply to Hyundai dealerships worldwide - Technical collaboration will lead to new powertrain and lubricant developments (From left to right) Mr. Roger Moulding, Vice President of Shell Global Marketing and Global Key Accounts, and Mr. Tak Uk Im, Executive Vice President and COO of Hyundai Motor, Wednesday signed a global business cooperation agreement at Hyundai Motor's headquarters in Seoul, Korea January 30, 2015 - Hyundai Motor Co., South Korea’s …
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif. – The all-new Hyundai Sonata won the 2015 BEST Economic Performance award from the Automotive Science Group (ASG). The award recognizes the model that holds the lowest cost of ownership in its class. In addition, the Sonata and Santa Fe Sport were honored as BEST 5 All-Around Performance models for achieving the highest combined social, environmental and economic performance scores. “The Automotive Science Group recognizes Hyundai’s continued commitment to …
- Sales revenue rises 16%, net profit up 35% on increased overseas sales
- Hyundai sold 4.06 million units globally in 2011
- Hyundai to focus on qualitative growth, enhance brand image in 2012
Hyundai Motor Company, South Korea’s largest automaker, posted global sales of 4,059,438 units (domestic plants: 1,884,633, overseas plants: 2,174,805) in 2011, a 12.4 percent gain from a year earlier.
Sales revenue rose 16.1 percent to 77.8 trillion won from a year earlier as the company sold more fuel-efficient and aesthetically appealing new models with reliable quality, while operating profit also rose 36.4% to 8.08 trillion won. Net profit increased 35.1 percent to 8.1 trillion won, backed by robust performance at its overseas plants and subsidiaries.
Hyundai Motor’s gains in 2011 are a result of the company’s continuous improvements in quality, which contributed to the increase in sales and the brand’s value. Based on these efforts, Hyundai achieved the top spot among all automotive brands in J.D. Power and Associates’ 2012 Customer Retention Study(SM), improving its retention rate to 64 percent, up four percentage points from 2010. Hyundai’s all-new Elantra was crowned the 2012 North American Car of the Year earlier this month, while leading German motoring magazine Auto Bild in December last year awarded Hyundai with the top position in its ‘Auto Bild Qualitätsreport’ for the second year in a row, attesting to the company’s advances over the years.
As industry experts forecast slower growth in auto demand and uncertainties surrounding the European economy, Hyundai plans to respond flexibly to the market and create new opportunities by strengthening its core capabilities and eco-friendly technologies to achieve qualitative growth, rather than pursue excessive external growth.
As part of these efforts, Hyundai will enforce its various corporate social responsibility activities, embracing its neighbors and seeking mutual growth with suppliers and stakeholders.